The 2016–17 school year opened with many changes and renovations to the BASIS Chandler Primary South Campus facility. Over the summer, BASIS Chandler Primary South acquired a new front office, a bridge that now connects two of the three school buildings, and a large playground complete with turf and a concrete pad for basketball and other games. Additionally, the school administration moved to new offices, which afforded more space and improved workflow. Yet to come this year is a fourth building, which will house a real gymnasium and more classrooms.
One of the biggest accomplishments from the 2015–16 year at BASIS Chandler Primary South was student retention. Additionally, 88% of our 4th grade students advanced to BASIS Chandler for 5th grade and another small percentage went to other BASIS.ed-managed charter school campuses.
Highlights from the 2015–2016 school year:
- BASIS Chandler Primary South received a charter for National Elementary Honor Society and inducted its first members.
- The school held two separate winter concerts in December 2015,
which attracted more than 1,000 attendees each.
- Booster parents raised more than $10,000 in two months to build
a shade over the west end play structure.
- Implemented peer tutoring and peer reading programs.
- Conducted close to 4,000 AIMSweb assessments and reduced
the “low end” scores with each session.
- Based on academic proficiency, one 2nd grade element and 17
students in 4th grade advanced out of their math studies.